An estimated 20 per cent of all students are failing at school. This is of great concern and it calls for a big commitment to ensure that all students get an equal opportunity to gain useful qualifications. Good teachers are needed to assist disadvantaged students. The Budget made the situation worse. The government is trying to spin the notion that the new funding ratio of one teacher for 27 students would see classroom sizes increase by no more than two students per class. The funding model could see classrooms grow to 36 students before funding becomes available for a school to employ a new teacher and open a new class.
- Opposed increased class sizes
- Questioned the introduction of performance pay for teachers
- Supports investment into a 21st Century education system
- Continue to lobby the Government to drop its flawed education policy
- Encourage parents to lend support to oppose the policy.