Unemployment is New Zealand’s biggest problem. It is the cause of poverty, despair and creates a permanent social blight. Families with children suffer the most. Successive governments have failed to help create a strong export-based economy. Talented Kiwis are heading to Australia for well-paid jobs because of the lack of opportunities in New Zealand. Urgent action is needed but the Government sits on its hands waiting for the “market” to solve its problems.
- Government fails to meet its own job growth targets
- NZ export sector ignored by Government policy
- More than 50,000 Kiwis a year fleeing to work in Australia
- Promote policy of tax incentives for exporters to create jobs
- Promote introduction of a community wage for the unemployed
- Those receiving the wage must in return contribute to the community