It still holds true that when our regions are prospering, we all prosper. Unfortunately, targeted regional development to promote real growth has been ignored by the Government. To repair the damage will take a rounded approach to maximise the potential of the people and natural resources of a region. In this way the wellbeing of all living in that region will be enhanced.
- Regional development has been stunted by the Government
- Government failed in its derisory effort to ‘pick winners’ among regional businesses
- Regions left to flounder in the face of Government inaction
- Empower regions to develop local initiatives to meet local needs
- Enhance regional tourism particularly in areas where tourism is established
- Facilitate industry clusters to maximise growth potential