New Zealand First introduced the SuperGold Card in 2007. We have plans to extend the benefits of the SuperGold Card. SuperGold Card holders should each year receive three free visits to their local doctor. Card holders should also be entitled to a 10 per cent discount on their winter power bills from May to October.
- SuperGold Card introduced by NZ First in 2007
- Provides senior citizens with a range of discounts and travel concessions
- Many seniors are struggling financially and more must be done to help
- A NZ First Members Bill to implement the health initiative is in the ballot
- Draft legislation has also been written for the power discount scheme
- Pressure on the Government to adopt both schemes will continue